New Linux Distro: Red Neck Linux
Fake News written by on Saturday, July 25, 1998
Red Neck Computers, Inc., of Chattafoocheeble, Alabama, starting shipping version 1.0 CD-ROMs of its new Red Neck Linux distribution yesterday. "We feel that RNL is a major step forward in bringing cheap, powerful, easy-to-use software to the millions of technophobes living in the South," Sandy Watkins, PR manager for Red Neck said in a press release.
- The X Winder System
- DukesOfHazzard command line shell
- Netscape 4 with preset bookmarks to such sites as The Big Show, How to Attract Your Cousins, Bubba's Farm Report, Branson.net, The Stag Beer Homepage, 101 Recipes for BBQ Sauce, Dukes of Hazzard Fan Club, and the Hee Haw Syndication TV Schedule.
- Deer Hunter, Bass Fishing, and Civil War General games
- Red++ compiler and assorted tools
- Daisy Duke pin-up preset for root winder
- 2 CD-ROMs full of other software applications from the Redsite Archives.